HALLOWEEN HAUNTS - Horror Writer's Association - Trick-or-Treating of the DEAD

I had just gotten out of a three week hospital stay during the harshest point of my radiation treatment on Halloween and decided that 18 was still not too old to go get candy.
CLICK TO READ! - I AM A ZOMBIE!

Friday, October 12, 2012

TORI'S HOUSE


Tori’s House
Submitted by Tori L. Ridgewood
Kirkland Lake, Ontario


We've had some unexplainable events in our house, in Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada. And I know we're not the only ones -- this town is rife with homebody ghosts!

But here are three vials of ghostly fun to pour into the general cauldron...

About two years ago, while my husband was away at school (four hour drive from home), he would Skype me every night to chat with us, often just before the kids were ready for bed. They would say goodnight, I'd take them upstairs, and then we'd have some quiet time to talk before logging off for the evening.

One night, after I had gone upstairs with the kids, he was waiting patiently on his end of the computer connection. The living room was empty. The television was off. 

He heard a voice.

He's never been quite sure what the voice said, but it was definitely something. He's a skeptic, so he didn't pay much attention, other than to be mildly surprised and mention it to me in passing later on.

But there was more...

One night, I woke up and saw a figure in our room. My daughter was in the bed, and the figure was distinctly menacing and terrifying. It was next to my side of the bed. I tried crying out, then curled my body over my daughter and pulled the blanket up around us both, over our heads. When I looked next, it was gone.  

It's not the first time I've seen a figure in my bedroom, watching me sleep, and I can never be sure whether I was truly awake, but it happened in this house and in our home in Swastika. 

A few weeks ago, my husband told me that he saw something reflected in a picture mounted on the wall. It looked like a woman in a long nightgown, and he thought I had gotten out of bed for some reason. But when he turned around there was no-one there...and I was wearing cozy purple jammies that night. So what did he see?

I'm certain there is a presence in this house... And I'm certain that it's actually benevolent. It likes us. Whatever I saw next to the bed, I think our resident spirit shooed it away.


No comments:

Post a Comment